About Our Respiratory Care Services
Breathe Easier, with Around-the-Clock Care
The Respiratory Care Department at Bayshore is on duty 24/7, providing inpatient treatment and diagnostic testing to evaluate patients for deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
So whether nebulizer therapy is needed to open airways, arterial blood gas analysis to determine how well lungs are oxygenated and ventilated, or immediate airway management is required, this team of credentialed respiratory therapists is here to offer quality inpatient care, any hour of the day or night.
Range of Services
The skillful respiratory care practitioners perform a variety of therapies and diagnostic tests to aid physicians in determining proper treatment for conditions of the cardio-respiratory system. The following services are offered, all under the direction of a physician:
- Administering medical gases (air and oxygen), humidification, and aerosols
- Breathing exercises to improve lung function
- Bronchial hygiene techniques (postural drainage, percussion, and vibration)
- Arterial blood gas sampling and analysis to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide and acidity (pH) in blood from an artery
- Pulmonary function test to measure overall lung function
- Airway management (insertion and maintenance of artificial airways)
- Mechanical ventilatory support
- Performance of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Bilevel and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP and CPAP) therapy
All licensed by the state of New Jersey to practice respiratory therapy, the staff are part of Bayshore's emergency response teams — Code Blue, Stroke Activation and Rapid Response — providing urgent medical care to patients.
Long-Term Ventilator Care
For patients requiring prolonged mechanical ventilatory support, Bayshore offers a long-term ventilator care unit on its campus in the Bayshore Health Care Center. One of the few operations of this type in Monmouth County, the staff provides 24-hour respiratory and nursing care to the residents of this long-term ventilator unit.
Did You Know…
that Bayshore's Respiratory Care Department has its own ABG Lab for immediate arterial blood gas analysis? This allows for more timely results, providing expedient physician recommendation for care and treatment.
Respiratory Care … at a glance
- ABG sampling and analysis
- Aerosol therapy
- Airway management
- Bedside spirometry
- BiPAP/CPAP therapy
- Breathing exercises
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Chest physiotherapy
- Incentive spirometry
- Mechanical ventilation
- Peak flow measurements
- Pulmonary function tests
- Pulse oximetry
- Bayshore Community Hospital
727 North Beers Street, Holmdel, NJ 07733
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.